ASA Abstract Reviews
The following 2017 ASA abstracts were summarized and submitted by the presenting authors to share the current developments of pediatric pain medicine with SPPM members.
- Pain Management After Atrial Septal Defect Closure by the Lateral Thoracic Approach Using Continuous Retrolaminar Block
- Feasibility of Panda, a Smartphone Application Designed to Support Pediatric Postoperative Pain Management at Home
- Ultrasound Image of Expansion of the Epidural Space in Pediatric Epidural Analgesia
- Perineural Dexamethasone, Intramuscular Dexamethasone, or Placebo in Children Receiving Femoral Nerve Block for Arthroscopic Knee Surgery: A Randomized Controlled Trial
- Ketorolac-Refractory Pain Following Pediatric Myringotomy Correlates with Tympanic Membrane and Middle Ear Condition
- A Comparison of Caudal Analgesia Versus Ultrasound-guided Rectus Sheath Blocks for Umbilical Herniorrhaphy in the Pediatric Population
- A Longitudinal Evaluation of the Effectiveness of Botox® in Pediatric Patients Experiencing Migraines: A Five-Year Retrospective Study
- Enhanced Perioperative Pain Management in Children With Disabilities Undergoing Lower Extremity Orthopedic Surgery: Does the Addition of Steroids Prolong the Effectiveness of Regional Blocks?
- Opioid Prescribing Practices in Pediatric Adenotonsillectomy Patients: Evaluation of Use, Storage and Disposal
- Median Arcuate Ligament Syndrome: Psychological Factors Affecting Postoperative Pain Management
- Is There a Benefit To Adding Intravenous Ketamine to Patient-Controlled Epidural Analgesia after Laparoscopic Median Arcuate Ligament Release?