Do you have an idea for a Workshop or Problem-Based Learning Discussion (PBLD) that would benefit the Society for Pediatric Pain Medicine membership? If so, please see the requirements and submission information below for the SPPM 11th Annual Meeting.
- If your workshop will require equipment provided in-kind by vendors/commercial supporters – please confirm with vendors that they are willing to provide/ship the equipment prior to submitting your proposal.
- Please list all proposed faculty on your submission; confirm that they are willing to participate prior to submitting your proposal.
- SPPM will not provide any compensation or reimbursement to non-member faculty for workshops.
Please complete and submit the form to [email protected] no later than July 28, 2023.
Two moderators must be named for each submission, and if accepted, both must agree to participate as moderators for the group discussion at the meeting. One moderator should be an experienced educator, and the other a junior faculty member or a fellow in-training.
Please remember that the goal of the PBLD is for the LEARNER to participate in discussing the management options, not for the MODERATOR to tell participants how they actually did the case.
An effective PBLD:
- is relevant to the practice of our subspecialty (i.e. not an extremely rare case)
- has controversy and/or decision making that should be discussed/debated
- has some surprises, “twists or turns”
- has well-written objectives that are covered by the discussion
- has well selected references
It is crucial that submissions are carefully proofed for grammatical errors and typos, as carelessly written PBLDs are often automatically rejected. It is also required that authors disguise or redact any identifying information by changing demographic details and circumstances of the clinical scenario to avoid potential HIPAA violations.
For more information on how to create a great PBLD:
The final deadline for receipt of submissions will be 3:00pm Eastern Time on Friday, July 28, 2023. No late submissions will be entertained. If accepted, you will be notified by email in early September. Submissions should be sent as a Word document to Jenny Patterson via e-mail at [email protected].
NOTE: If you have a topic idea for an Expert Round Table Discussion, please send the topic information, as well as suggested moderators/presenters to [email protected] by July 28, 2023.
We look forward to receiving your submissions! Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions by emailing Jenny Patterson at the above email address.
Michelle S. Kars, MD, FAAP
Amber N. Borucki, MD