An 11-month infant under goes a Left sided thoracotomy for a large benign mass resection. The incision level is at T4 and the child has 2 chest tubes in place at T6 and T7. Hemoglobin, platelets and coagulation factors are normal. Which of the following approaches to postoperative pain management are you most likely to take?
- 1. Place at thoracic epidural at a low to mid thoracic level 45.45% ( 40 votes )
- 2. Thread a catheter to the thoracic level from the caudal space using only US for confirmation 10.23% ( 9 votes )
- 3. Thread a catheter to the thoracic level from the caudal space using fluoroscopy for confirmation ( +/- US) 5.68% ( 5 votes )
- 4. Perform an ESP block ( single shot or catheter) 15.91% ( 14 votes )
- 5. Perform a Paravertebral block ( single shot or catheter) 11.36% (10 votes )
- 6. Multimodal analgesia with no regional 4.55% ( 4 votes )
- 7. Something else 6.82% ( 6 votes )
Total Answers: 88
Total Votes: 88
Do you use cannabis or cannabinoid products in your patients with chronic pain?
- A. No, never, not interested. 22.22% (10 votes)
- D. Yes, in select patients (8 votes)
- E. Other 8.89% (4 votes)